Avenger Boots for EMS
Safety Toe Boots in Avenger
Avenger Boots. When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Wear Avenger. Avenger has some serious toe protection in their boots.
The Avenger 7310 – 8″ Black Met Guard boot on the left is as sturdy as they come. With all of the goodies, your feet stay protected.
Avenger boots only make work footwear. That is all they do. Their tagline is “Unsurpassed Comfort and Value In Traditional Work Boots”. I like that they only make safety footwear. Their attention isn’t diverted to other projects, and they can concentrate on making really great work footwear that keep all of us going.
Avenger numbers their boots instead of naming them. The best boot that I found was the #7310, although the #7300 looked pretty good too. They are both categorized as a Heavy Industrial boot.
On the Avenger’s website you can chose between: Heavy Industrial, Construction and Utility, and Manufacturing and Distribution sections.
The boots above are in the Heavy Industrial section. Also, in the Distribution section, don’t let the shoe images misguide you as there are some nice boots in that section too.
When you get into your right selection then you can filter by size, width, brand, safety features, color, and gender.
Safety Features include:
- Composite Safety Toe
- Electrical Hazard
- Insulated, Metatarsal Guard
- Puncture Resistant
- Slip Resistant
- Steel Toe
- No Exposed Metal
The site provides good pictures for the boots. There are multiple views and close up of the boot.
If I could change something on this site, I would just combine all three of the Avenger boot types together so that I don’t have to keep going back and forth to compare boots from heavy industrial to construction and utility. Or I would have a comparison tool on the site.
- Avenger Boots prices range from budget to mid-range at $90-170 USD for most of the boots.
- Sizes Men’s US sizes 7-17 with medium, and wide widths for most boots. There is a boot (#7547) that goes up to size 17 with 4E and 6E width!
- Sizes Women’s US sizes 6-11 with medium and wide widths. In the Manufacturing and Distributing section, there are two black hiking boot styles for women. NO women’s boots/shoes in the Heavy Industrial NOR in the Construction and Utility. You will have more of a selection if you wear women’s size 9 or above as then you could buy the men’s shoes.
- Avenger/ Footwear Specialties International Retail Partners are: Grainger, Rogan’s Shoes, Lehigh Outfitters, Lehigh Safety Shoes, STS (Steel Toe Shoes), and Sheplers. You can also shop directly on line at Footwear Specialties International for free shipping.
- Meet or exceed ASTM F2413-11 in all toe caps (steel, composite and the lightweight All Carbon Nanofiber Safety Toe)
- Meet or exceed Impact/Compression ratings for EH, SD (up to 75 lbs of impact and 2500 lbs of compression)
- Metatarsal Guard (The internal Metatarsal Guard line provides more substantial protection including high heat outsole protection to 600° F. All of the Metatarsal Guard footwear meet or exceed ASTM 2413-11 Section 5.3 specifications.
- Puncture Resistance
- Rubber Slip and Oil-resistant outsole
- Full-grain leather upper
- Insulated with Thinsulate
- Warranty – 30 day comfort guarantee, 60-day return with free return shipping
About the Company
- Avenger is a brand made by Footwear Specialties International
- Footwear Specialties Int’l has been making safety footwear since 1996
- Portland, OR headquarters
- Footwear Specialties has the mantra of “We Only Do Work“. Per their site they make “sure today’s workers needing safety footwear, have not only safe, but also comfortable, work footwear.”
- Footwear Specialties brands include Avenger, Nautilus Safety Footwear and SkidBuster (slip resistant footwear)