Danner EMS Boots
Danner EMS Boots
Quality. Danner quality. “I will never buy a different type of boot”. Okay, we have all heard this about many different brands of boots. My personal friends swear by the Danner comfort and durability.
The Danner – Lookout EMS/CSA is the only black boot that is listed for EMS specifically. It is a side-zip composite toe boot. It boasts the Danner durability and the all-new Danner Comfort System. It has full-grain leather and ripstop ballistic nylon on it as well. It also includes a waterproof Danner Dry liner to wick moisture away.
There are a lot of boots to choose from at Danner. Their main focus on comfort with quality.
Danner website can be filtered in two different ways:
- By “Family” which is his designed around how you are going to use the boots, the weather you work in and what you need for your own comfort. There are 11 “family” names for different uses. The uses included: different weights, weather conditions, urban wear, waterproof, durability, support, cushioning, etc. You can compare the different styles in the “family” by selecting a boot and then scrolling down to the bottom. There you will find all of the different styles and side by side comparison.
- By “Filter” which is the more typical breakdown of: gender, manufacturing( USA or imported), lining, insulated, liner, toe protection, recraftable, height, last, protection, and traction.
Their site is nice, but a little hard to read because of the grey text. Well, hard to read for me. You may have an easy time reading it.
I worked with an older guy who bought a pair of Danner boots before we had a boot allowance. He paid a lot of money for his boots and never regretted it once. He said that they were the most comfortable boots he had ever owned. He had worked in several different industries and law enforcement. He had been working on his feet most of his life in tough conditions. Now that is a statement. Willing to pay a premium price out of his own pocket for that level of comfort and performance.
- Danner Boots prices range in mid-range to premium at $120-400 USD for most of the boots.
- Sizes Men’s US sizes start at 3 with narrow, medium and wide widths.
- Sizes Women’s US sizes start at 5 with medium width only. Limited selection. If you wear a wide width, go over to the Men’s boots as most of them go down to size 3 which is a 5 in women’s sizes. The only EMS specific boot (pictured above) is offered in men’s narrow size which is medium for women but starts at size 6 men’s. Rule on sizes for Danner, just find the boots and then look at the sizes – they are all over the place.
- They can be bought on Amazon, several physical stores in the US and of course online
- EH certified
- Body Fluid Borne Pathogen Resistant
- Puncture Resistant Midsole
- Slip Resistant
- Oil and Slip Resistant
- Composite Toe meets or exceeds ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH standards
- Protective footwear standards ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH , NFPA Sec 13 7.4 2.7
- Broader Toe Boxes
- Warranty for 6 months
About the Company
- Danner opened first store during 1932 in Wisconsin, then shortly afterward, business is moved to Portland, Oregon. The company has built several factories throughout the years, all around the Portland area.
- Originally designed for affordable work boots. Since that time, the company has gone into logging, shipyards, hiking, hunting, military and combat.
- 1994 merged with Lacrosse footwear from Wisconsin