Redwing EMS Boots
Want traditional men’s work boots? If your duties take you into rural settings often, you might like these boots.
The Redwing SuperSole 2.0 boot shown on the left is “best for oil/gas resistance, chemical resistance, and abrasion resistance”. Slip resistance is good.
Redwing has a great reputation for quality footwear. There is not a huge selection for black EMS type of boots per se, but they do have the Redwing quality.
I like their website. It has a great Filter widget so that you can easily narrow down your perfect boot. This includes: Style, features, safety standards, country of origin, gender, size, width, special order and sizing, boot construction type and family(style within the redwing brand). I also like their “Footwear Finder” boot selector tool.
The site also allows comparison of 3 different boots at a time.
Redwing has videos on this link that shows the boots actually being made and how they repair the shoes as well. I love watching things being built and these videos are kind of cool. In fact they have a whole video series that includes product testing, tannery, crafting sole molds, etc. It is a whole series on exactly how they make it.
Redwing is the real deal for transparency. Showing how boots are built at each step. Now that takes confidence in your product and your workers. So if you are the type of person who likes the details of quality craftsmanship then dig in and check it out.
Redwing also makes Irish Setter and WORX footwear.
One drawback to these boots if you wear women’s sizes. Virtually no black EMS type of boot is available. It is a bummer because that would be great to have that option. Luckily there are a lot of other great brands to choose from on this site.
- Redwing Boots prices range from high mid-range to premium at $200-350 USD suggested retail price for most of the boots.
- Sizes Men’s US sizes for EMS type of boots start at 7 with crazy width options from AA through EEE to H. Women’s styles are very limited for EMS work. US sizes start at 5 with medium, wide and extra wide options. They can be bought on Amazon, several physical stores in the US and of course online
- Blood Borne Pathogen Resistant.
- Electric Hazard
- Red-Wing Waterproofing System
- Puncture Resistant
- Steel Toe
- Super Sole 2.0
- Swen Flex
- Shank- fiberglass
- Warranty. 30-day unconditional comfort guarantee on Redwing footwear. 6 mo-1 year warrant on Worx/Irish Setter and RedWing footwear respectively.
About the Company
RWSC continues to manufacture over 60 % of their Red Wing brand products in the U.S.
- Made in the Redwing, MN USA with imported materials
- Headquartered in Redwing, MN still after 110 years.
- They have been making boots for 110 years. Originally built for logging, mining, farming in Minnesota