Rocky Boots for EMS
CAN THEY SEE YOU?
If you are looking for an EMT/EMS boot that can get the job done and you will actually be seen while doing your job, then you may want to look at these boots.
Rocky 1st Med Carbon Fiber Toe Puncture-Resistant Side-Zip Waterproof Duty Boot shown on the left is designed with you in mind.
This guaranteed Rocky® Waterproof boot was designed with an EMT in mind. Created with many safety features, the medical duty boot is bloodborne pathogen resistant, which is safer for EMTs.
They even thought of reflective highlights so that you can be easily seen. Now I would love to see that designed into every boot for EMT’s. How many times have we thought we might be accidently hit by a passing car because they just didn’t see us.
Crap that car was close! It’s gone through all of our minds. It’s like they didn’t even see me and almost ran over my foot because it is hanging out a little into the lane. I especially worry about this at night. In a dark area, trying to get the right balance while the rest of me is mostly inside of a car checking a patient for ABC’s and bleeding. On some runs, nothing goes right. The angles are wrong, we all have to be contortionists sometimes just to get vitals.
Maybe having some reflective highlights or reflective tape on our boots can help the passing cars to see us better. What do you do about this problem?
The Rocky website is divided between men and women, then further divided by type of purpose for footwear (duty boot suggested), size, price, features and width.
In the duty footwear there is a list of options including: hot weather, military, waterproof, protective toe, the different military branches, berry compliant (preference to domestic products), safe to fly, and cold weather to name most options.
When researching I found a bit of a different build on their website through their About page that brought me into a “Duty Shop”. You can shop by collection on this part of the site. The collections/styles include: 1st Med, 911, AlphaForce, etc. I like this part of the site. Check it out if you like a particular style.
- Rocky boots prices range from budget to mid-range at $89-159 USD for most of the boots.
- Sizes Men’s US sizes 4-13 with medium and wide widths. 35 Duty boot styles in men’s sizes
- Sizes Women’s US sizes 5-10 with medium and wide widths. 5 Duty boot styles in women’s sizes
- They can be bought at on Amazon, several physical stores in the US and of course online at Rocky.com
- Guaranteed Rocky® Waterproof construction,waterproof protection while maintaining breathability
- Inside side zipper
- ASTM F2413 protective toe classification
- ASTM F2413 electrical hazard standard
- Reflective highlights
- Lenzi puncture-resistant plate
- Carbon fiber protective toe cap
- Bloodborne pathogen resistant
- ASTM F2413 puncture resistant standards
- Full-grain leather and CORDURA nylon
- Slip-resistant rubber/EVA outsole
- Oil- and slip-resistant, non-marking RigiTrac molded EVA/rubber outsole, option
- Warranty – 1 year limited warranty
About the Company
- Started in 1932 in Ohio, 1972 renamed to Rocky
- Headquartered in Nelsonville, Ohio
- Parent company, Rocky Brands