Rothco Boots for EMS
Tactical Boot and Blood Borne Pathogen Boot
Yes! A boot maker that is just as concerned with blood borne pathogens as we are.
Rothco 6 Inch Blood Pathogen Resistant & Waterproof Tactical Boot is pictured on the left. It is new to their site. I am sure we will soon see an increase of more companies making inserts specifically for blood borne pathogens too.
Rothco makes many styles for the Military & Tactical Boot.
On the Rothco website you can filter the choice of boots by markets ( use), color and material. They also have a cold and wet weather filter which is handy if you live in those type of climates.
They do not readily list the price, you have to go into the individual boot details to find it. They include tabs for product details, description, specifications ( with an option for very detailed specifications sent to your inbox), and reviews. That is pretty comprehensive.
They do have a compare option on their site for up to 4 boots. While comparing, you can also highlight similarities or differences for quicker review.
Overall, I really like their site. I would prefer that they show the prices when you first see the boot. I am always price shopping even if someone else is paying for it.
Rothco boots are relatively inexpensive. So, it is easy on the budget.
- Rothco Boots prices range from budget to mid-range at $45-120 USD for most of the boots.
- Sizes Men’s US sizes start at 3 in some styles with regular width only. There is no option for wide width
- Sizes Women’s. None specifically for women. See Men’s sizes
- They can be bought on Amazon, several physical stores in the US and of course online at Rothco.com
- Leather / nylon upper
- Waterproof options
- Blood borne pathogen membrane which protects the wearer from blood-borne pathogens in one style of boot.
- Moisture wicking lining to ensure optimal comfort and dryness
- Steel shank
- Slip-resistant cup sole provides maximum grip
- Removable inserts
- Product origin China
- WARNING: This product can expose you to Bis-(2-ethylhexyl) Phthalate (DEHP) which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
About the Company
- Company started in 1953 as an outlet for used military clothing and Army surplus
- Located in New York state
- If you really like reading the history of a company, Rothco has a 267 page “Story of Rothco” that you can view. I kid you not
- Rothco service means all orders ship within 24 hours of being placed, and they have a 99% in-stock rate
- According to their website they are “The World’s Foremost Supplier of Military, Tactical, Outdoor Clothing and Gear”