The 5.11 Tactical Evo 8″ Waterproof Boot with Sidezip is in my daily rotation for my day shifts as an EMT. It’s a solid feeling boot, that is comfortable, and makes you feel confident during your shift without thinking at all about your feet. I found myself not overheating in it during 95-degree days, which is a great plus for a “waterproof” boot like this.
Using these boots as an EMT
For an everyday boot, this is a solid pick. It’s lighter then some of it’s sibling 5.11 Boots. I tried on the 5.11 Shield A.T.A.C and it just felt too heavy. The Evo is a nice lightweight pick that still makes me feel comfortable on any type of call, out on the highway at an accident scene or running around the ER.
- Side zip makes getting in and out of the boot quicker
- Not heavy
- Comfortable yet you feel protected in this boot
- Made in Bangledesh
- Material in boot upper fraying after 6 months of light use
- Doesn’t feel like a high end boot
Materials in the boot
- Leather and Textile
- Imported, not made in the USA. Made in Bangledesh.
- Synthetic sole
- Polishable full grain leather and 1200D nylon is waterproof and bloodborne pathogen resistant