Thorogood EMS Boots
EMS and Wildland boots
If EMS and wildfires are your jam, these Thorogood boots have you covered.
The boot shown on the left is the Men’s Safety Toe – Power EMS/Wildland Boot. It is “dual-certified as a cross between a station boot, EMS, and wildland firefighting”. This is the only “EMS” specific boot on the site and it is listed in the fire boot section. As expected, there are many more Thorogood boots in the uniform boot section that will work well too.
Thorogood states it is “Using the latest technology to prevent fatigue, absorb repeated shocks, and wick away moisture and bacteria.”
I like that they are concerned about the repeated shocks and actually it is the only site I have found so far that addresses bacteria. We all know how itchy and stinky that can get!
The Thorogood Website has several sections, but the uniforms section is where you are probably headed as that will be the closest to EMT boots. There is a section on Fire boots as well.
The Uniform Boots section has 61 styles to choose from. Although, even when I use the filter for “boot” only, somehow some shoes snuck into the results. So really I counted about 30 actual boots. Still, a nice selection.
I would like a better sorting option on this site as it goes into high and low prices and popularity, but doesn’t address color, height of boot, etc. The site shows 12 boots/shoes per page and has a bunch of pages that you have to scroll through. Also there doesn’t appear to be a comparison section for the comparing their boots to one another. That would be handy to have.
Just one more issue you should know about the prices are not listed readily, you have to go into each shoe description to get the prices.
My advice, if you are actually shopping for these boots, go to a retailer like Midwest boots, or some such site. It will take you less time.
- Thorogood Boots prices range from mid-range to premium at $107-300+ USD for most of the boots.
- Sizes Men’s US sizes start at 4 with medium, wide and extra wide options.
- Women’s US sizes start at 5 with narrow, medium,and wide options.
- They can be bought on Amazon, several physical stores in the US and of course online
- Waterproof. BBP X-Stream
- Removable polyurethane footbed
- Puncture resistant insole. Lenzi L-Protection flexible, non-metallic
- Steel Triple-rib Logger shank
- Vibram Structural Fire and Ice Sole and will not freeze
- ** Not designed for NFPA1971 structural fire fighting
- Goodyear Storm welt construction
- Meets NFPA 1999 EMS, & 1977 Wildland
- Meets ASTM F2413-11
- Warranty – 1 year
About the Company
- Wisconsin company of Weinbrenner Shoe Co makes the Thorogood Shoes in an employee-owned company.
- Weinbrenner has been making footwear since 1892
- Union shop since 1943. International Boot & Shoe Workers Union. Management and workers continue outstanding relationship through today.
- 1988 “ThoroGard” division created featuring high-tech occupational safety footwear.
- 2001 Within three days of the September 11 terror attacks, Weinbrenner donates and ships 300 pairs of durable work boots to Ground Zero for those working in the rubble. Another 200 pairs followed three days later.